Saturday, June 14, 2008

Purpose in the Proposal

Well, I just checked my messages and a desperate attempt to wow an agent with some of my half finished projects has produced fruit, maybe small fruit, but fruit. This agent wants to look at a book I started a few years ago and never picked it up again and now I have to get it ready for her to "look at".

I am wondering, "Do I have the time to pull it together and make it presentable?" or "Why bother? I am not totally passionate about this orphaned project!" Until I remembered the purpose. I just got through telling this agent, who has become an email friend, that God was my Agent and I did not stress writing projects. God gave me what I needed to do when I needed to do it. It is his calling and purpose on my life - it is not my problem to come up with leads - it was His - that is our deal. He gives me stuff to write and I write, He makes the appointments- Divine Appointments. Not 2 hour after I wrote that, she wrote that she had just opened an email I wrote more than a month ago and was interested in one of the ideas.

The point is, God has given me the ability to write about the Bible in a way that anyone can understand. He has inspired every idea I have ever had. It is my job just to write what I know - it is His job to provide the projects and provide the means to publish them. That is how it has always happened in the past.

I do not have a real hard back or soft cover book with my name on it. My youngest son Sam says that I am not a REAL writer because I do not have my name on a book cover. All the articles, curriculum, and web content is not REAL writing to am. Who knows? This may be it - the chance at a real book with my name on it to make Sam think of me as a REAL writer ! In the end, that is not the point. The point is, I wrote with passion to fulfil my purpose.

Well, better to get writing,editing, and gathering - my agent friend is waiting....

No comments: